The Perfect Climate Controlled Storage Room
If you need to store items that would not fare well in extreme weather conditions, this 8′ x 8′ SIP Kit is just the ticket. Insulated better than any house built to today’s code requirements, you can count on year round warmth and cooling in this super insulated Simple Structure.
Suggestions for a tiny SIP Kit structure:
Pottery Barn Outdoor Office Tiny House Home Brewery Dog Grooming Studio Workshop Art Studio She Shed Guard Shack Modular Office Gate House Tack Room Play House Food Storage Storage Unit
Why Choose a DIY Pod?
- Built with Greenix Structural Insulated Panels
- Polyurethane Core – Class 1 Polyurethane foam that doesn’t fuel a fire, compared to EPS foam that melts
- Factory Fabricated – Greenix Panels are cut to the exact plan with in-factory quality control
- Electrical Boxes and Chases Included – All Electrical Boxes & Conduit are pre-installed at the factory, no job-site cutting necessary!
- Doors and Windows Pre-Cut – All Door & Window openings are cut & framed in the factory, no ‘scooping’ necessary!
- Highest R-Values – Compared to R-11 for 2×4 Stick Frame and R-14 for 4″ EPS SIP
All SIP (structural insulated panels) have wood frames with a tongue and groove connection
7/16″ OSB on both sides of all SIP wall and roof panels
Sheets of OSB on SIP panels longer than 8′ will be spliced
4 -3/8″ thick SIP wall and roof panels
3 -1/2″ thick polyurethane foam “pressure injected” into all wall and roof SIP panels (R Value = 25)
SIP Wall panels are 8′ high at eaves of building
SIP Roof panels extend 1′ past outer edge of wall panels on all four sides (1′ overhang)
SIP Roof panels connect to wall panels with lag down SIP screws
SIP Wall corner panels connect to each other with lag down SIP screws
SIP Wall panels connect to customer supplied floor with sill plate connection
Includes 2 to 6 electrical boxes with conduit integrated into SIP wall panels (quantity depends on size of unit)
Includes 2 to 6 window openings in SIP wall panels (quantity depends on size of unit)
Includes 1 personnel door opening in all units
Doors and windows are NOT included
Roof support structure (beams or other) is NOT included (to be supplied by customer)
Includes sill plates, top plates, caulk, and other misc. items
Structural and Electrical Engineering Design Work, Freight, Taxes and Installation NOT included
Customer is responsible for wind load and snow load structural calculations and engineering stamp and approval